Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Weight Loss Wednesday; Down again!



How is it Wednesday already? Seriously though, I feel like it was just Wednesday. I expected the last week to creep by. It was my weekend to work (which means a 1pm to 10pm Saturday and a 1pm to 10pm Sunday) and I always find those weeks to drag on and on and on. This one didn't, which is extra crazy because I was super under the weather Sunday, Monday and most of yesterday.

Weight loss wise it was another good week, when I did my official weigh-in Sunday morning I was down 2.4 pounds, which brings my two-week total to 8.4 pounds. (Woohoo.)

I've been struggling a bit though, with not feeling well the past couple of days all I've wanted to eat is junk and I haven't been getting my steps in because I didn't want to move unless I absolutely had to. And now that I'm feeling better (and actually keeping my food in) all I want to do is eat. (There's a pattern there, I know.)

My goal for the rest of the week is to make sure I get my steps in, and maybe even get in a short workout or two. I'm going out Friday night with a couple co-workers, and then we have a family dinner Saturday night. I know that I'm going to make some food (and drink...) choices that aren't the best, but I'm hoping if I get some movement in it will help balance out the effects.

And the truth is, whatever changes I'm making on my way to a healthier me need to be changes that are going to last. If I skip out on social events or beat myself up about them I'm just going to revert back to the way I've always been. I'll be mindful of what I'm eating and drinking, but I'm not going to stress out about it. There's no rush to the finish line, I'm not racing anyone.

I think that's what's different this time. I think I'm finally in the right mindset to make lasting changes. I got this.



1 comment:

  1. I think that is the best mind set to have! You're changing not just dieting! And you're right there is no rush to the finish line! good job hun!

    ReplyDelete